- Finast 5 mg Tablets is a prescription drug used in men for treating BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and male pattern hair loss. The medicine generally takes few months time to show its effects. The medicine may also affect the ejaculation after stopping the treatment and patient may take few days to recover. Finast tablet is a type of steroid reductase inhibitor that treats urinary problems in male having an enlarged prostate gland. The course of this medication also helps patients who may need to undergo surgery to treat this condition. Finast reduces the amount of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) body hormone, which makes the prostate gland smaller and relieves urinary problems.
- Consult a Urologist or your health care provider before you start this medicine, he will examine your health condition and will recommend the required dose that suits your body the best.
- Finast comes in an oral solution form for treating urinary complications associated with an enlarged prostate. Finasteride is the active ingredient of Finast and it helps to ease out the BPH symptoms by relaxing the enlarged muscles of the affected prostate gland. In case of BPH condition, the enlarged prostate press on the tube that allows patient to pass urine out of the body. The urinary problem includes the increased need to urinate more often, difficulty in passing urine, a weak stream, feeling you can’t empty your bladder. Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. It may take 6-8 months time to notice a significant change in the condition.
- Avoid using Finast 5 mg if you have allergies to its active ingredient.
- It is always recommended to take Finast 5 mg tablets as your doctor instruct. Stay stick to the dosing regimen instructed by your doctor. The usual dose of Finast 5 mg is one tablet a day. The patient should swallow the tablet with a glass of water without crushing or chewing it. The patient may take this medicine before or after a meal.
- Finast 5 mg works by shirking the prostate gland slowly. Therefore, a patient may need to continue the treatment for around 6 months time or longer depending on his health condition. Your doctor will decide the best dose and course duration of treatment. If you stop taking the medicine in between the treatment, the prostate gland is likely to grow again in previous stage and causing same urinary troubles. So be sure to follow the treatment as recommended and prescribed.
- Women and children are advised to not to take Finast tablets. Male partner should also avoid taking this medicine if his female sexual is pregnant. If you are BPH sufferer and taking Finast tablets, use a condom every time when you come in contact with a pregnant partner.
- Do not take this medicine and consult your doctor if you have prostate cancer, liver problems, severe urinary complications, blockage in the urinary tract, or a bladder infection.