- Bionect, a low-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid (HA), aids in the creation of an optimum environment for treating treatment-induced skin breakdown. The primary component of Bionect, HA, is a naturally occurring biologic found in the extracellular matrix of the skin and throughout the body. Bionect is very hydrophilic and has the ability to penetrate undamaged skin. It is non-toxic, non-immunogenic, and non-sensitizing as well. Bionect is only accessible with a prescription.
- According to the company, Bionect is indicated for the dressing and management of partial- to full-thickness dermal ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers, pressure sores, and diabetic ulcers), wounds (including cuts, abrasions, donor sites, and postoperative incisions), skin irritations, and first- and second-degree burns.
- Bionect is a low-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid that aids in the creation of an optimum healing environment. Bionect protects the skin against abrasion, friction, and desiccation by covering a wound or burn.
- According to a business news release, hyaluronic acid, the main component of Bionect, is a natural biologic found in the extracellular matrix of the skin and throughout the body. Bionect is hydrophilic and can penetrate undamaged skin, making it an excellent hydrator for both the epidermis and dermis.
- According to the release, clinical studies have shown that hyaluronic acid is a key element of the healing process and is a regulatory molecule for cells engaged in the four phases of the skin’s healing process, including the first inflammatory reaction.