- Retino-A 0.05 % Cream is a vitamin A component used to treat acne, which appears as patches or pimples on your face, chest, or back. It also aids in the smoothing of rough face skin and the reduction of fine wrinkles on the skin.
- Retino-A 0.05 % Cream decreases the skin’s excessive oil production. A pinpoint application at night is ideal for the timeframe suggested by your doctor. The amount you require and the duration for which you must take it will be determined by the condition for which you are being treated. Before administering a thin coating of this medication, you should typically cleanse and dry the afflicted region. Follow your doctor’s advice. It should not be used to injured or broken skin, and it should be kept away from your lips, eyes, and nose.
- It may take several weeks for your symptoms to improve, but continue to use it on a regular basis to get the greatest benefits. If you haven’t seen any improvement after a few weeks, see your doctor again. Using more medicine or applying it more frequently than recommended will not make it work faster and may worsen the adverse effects.
- The most frequent side effects include skin irritation, dryness, and redness. They are often minor and improve as your body adjusts to the medication. Drink lots of water and use moisturizers to avoid dry mouth, lips, and eyes. Please notify your doctor if any of these adverse effects annoy you or do not go away. Serious adverse effects with this medication are uncommon.
- Because this medication may make you more sensitive to sunlight, you should minimize your exposure to it if any possible. It may cause your skin to become more brittle. During therapy, it is not recommended to undergo any waxing (hair removal) or laser treatments. This drug should not be used by pregnant women or women planning to get pregnant since it might cause birth abnormalities.